Friday, March 6, 2015

National Dress In Blue Day for Colon Cancer Awareness

Today is National Dress in Blue Day to bring awareness to colon cancer. Earlier this week, a very dear friend sent an Facebook invite to wear blue in honor of her husband who is currently battling this disease. I quickly responded yes, and planned to wear blue today.

As I was putting on my blue shirt and socks today, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am not just wearing blue today in honor of her husband, but also in remembrance of my grandfather. My grandfather battled colon cancer and the disease took him when I was 13. When it happens that long ago, you kind of forget about it. Then today, I thought of him and the tears came. I love you grandpap!

This is a horrible disease, but can be treated if people just get tested! Screening can detect precancerous polyps and these can be removed before they turn into cancer. Below is a link for more information on the disease and National Dress in Blue Day!

Dress in blue day - Colon Cancer Alliance

I even wore blue socks for the occasion!

Post a Comment