Monday, November 17, 2014

Easy Light Chicken Salad Recipe

Do you ever fail to plan your lunch for the next day only to realize that you really have nothing to pack? For me, this is almost always a guarantee that I will not stay on track that day. So, I always keep some canned chicken and plain Greek yogurt on hand for those 'just in case' times.

Last week I was in a pinch and needed to make something for lunch. I pulled out my canned chicken and Greek yogurt and made a chicken salad. I was never a huge fan of mayonnaise. So realizing I can replace mayonnaise with Greek yogurt changed my thoughts on chicken salad.

Here is what you need:

6 to 8 oz Diced or canned chicken (diced is better, but canned will work in a pinch)
Greek Yogurt - start with 1/4 of a cup and add from there based on your liking
Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
Red Grapes Sliced or dried cranberries - 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup
Red Onion - 1/4 cup
Salt and Pepper to taste

The red grapes or cranberries just add a touch of sweetness and make a huge difference! Serve with a few crackers and you have a healthy lunch packed with protein!

Post a Comment