Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Spinach Mushroom Feta Eggs

One of the easiest meals to make on the 21 Day Fix is eggs. I love eggs and it is a nice change of pace to have breakfast food for dinner.

One of my favorite omelets to make is a spinach mushroom feta omelet. Or if you are like me, sometimes it ends up just being scrambled eggs. Sometimes I just can't seem to flip the eggs!

What do you need for the omelet:

1 cup Fresh Spinach
1 cup Sliced Mushroom
6 Eggs
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 tbsp Feta Cheese
Splash of milk (organic or almond)
Spices to taste

Turn the stove on medium/low. Heat the olive oil and add the mushrooms.

As the mushroom are cooking, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, and spices in a bowl and mix. I like a little spice to my eggs, so I normally use red pepper flakes and garlic and herb seasoning.

When the mushrooms are just about done, add the spinach to the pan. Once it has cooked down, add the egg mixture. Once the eggs start to cook around the edges and on top, flip to finish the omelet. Don't worry if you can't get it to flip right the first time. You can always turn them into scrambled eggs!

Following the 21 Day Fix, this would be:
1/2 green, 1 red, 1 tsp oil, and 1/2 blue

Post a Comment